I saw this on Little Miss Momma’s blog (though it is an old post of hers from 2011) and thought it was a cute/fun idea for a post.
I’m weird because…
- I like to put potato chips on my burgers. Pretty much any chips will do though kettle chips tend to be better as they stay crisp longer. Don’t knock it till you try it.
- I like peanut butter & maple syrup on my pancakes. Again, don’t knock it till you try it. It’s worth noting I don’t always do this, I eat my pancakes like a normal person sometimes too. :p
- I sometimes talk to inanimate objects. For example, telling a pot of water to hurry up when I am waiting for it to boil.
- No matter how hot it is, I can’t sleep without at least a sheet covering me.
- When eating out in a restaurant, I always clean up the table before leaving. People who leave gigantic messes on the table in restaurants irritate me.
- I can’t sleep with less than two pillows. I prefer four, but can make due with two if I must.
- I hate elevators. I am always convinced the elevator car I am in is going to plummet to the ground.
- I like peanut butter & jelly sandwiches with a tiny pinch of salt & warmed up slightly in the microwave.
- I love tomato based dishes/sauces (like salsa, chili, spaghetti etc.) but I don’t like tomatoes.
- I dip my fries in different condiments depending on the restaurant/type of fries they are. Sometimes just plain ketchup, sometimes ketchup + mayonnaise, sometimes sweet & sour sauce. At Wendy’s, the fries are best when dipped into a Frosty. (Preferably the original chocolate, not vanilla, though both are acceptable.) I also put both salt and pepper on my fries unless they’re being dipped into sweet & sour sauce or a Frosty, in which case I skip the pepper.
- I am not particularly fond of coffee but I like coffee based drinks once they no longer taste like coffee. There are a couple kinds of flavored coffee that I’ve learned to like recently, but I will only drink them with certain additions & only with certain flavored creamers.
- I like doing laundry.
- I don’t like seafood. Every once in a while some cod (I think that’s the fish I am thinking of, anyway) is ok. In general I don’t care for it at all, though. Shrimp, crab, lobster etc. = no freaking way.
- I like soft pretzels dipped in cream cheese.
- It irritates me when people say “hamburger with cheese”. The instant you add cheese it becomes a cheeseburger. Not a “hamburger with cheese”.
- I don’t like odd numbers. Yes I had to add this just to make the number of things listed even rather than odd.
I’m a bad friend because…
- I’m too emotionally sensitive; I take things to heart when I shouldn’t & am easily hurt.
- I’m not very good at keeping in touch with people; I don’t always remember to reply to messages.
- I’m indecisive if something is left up to me (like “Where should we go to eat” etc).
- I’m shy, quiet, and socially awkward.
- I’m boring. I admit it.
- I generally prefer to just do my own thing and stick to solitary activities rather than hanging out with a group of people.
I’m a good friend because…
- I love my friends with all my heart and will do whatever I can to help them.
- I’m a good listener. I may not be great at the advice if you ask for it, but I can listen.
- I genuinely want my friends to be happy, even if that means I have to do something I’d rather not or give something up that is important to me for it to happen.
- I will bake awesome cakes for my friends on their birthdays. 😉
I’m sad because…
- I will miss NC. A lot. Yes this is the super-duper condensed version.
- My dad told me that there was a hard frost in PA a couple days ago that seems to have killed off EVERY one of my rose bushes. =( I had them for years and they were doing so well, a couple of them were enormous and so lovely. *sniff*
- If the frost killed my roses, it surely killed my lilac bush too. *sigh*
- I really, really miss Tony. Every single day. This is clearly never going to change.
I’m happy because…
- While I will miss NC terribly, it will be good to see my little Rascal girl again as I have missed her.
- The weather is beautiful today.
- I found a pattern for a knit wash cloth that I really like. (It’s the little things, people.)
- J bought me cookie cutters and they are adorable and tiny. I seriously doubt I’ll ever make such tiny cookies (but maybe?) – the intended purpose is cake decorating. Another use: making homemade treats for Rascal.
I’m excited because…
- The new Rascal Flatts CD is being released next month.
- I get to (hopefully) introduce J to my favorite local pizza place next month & am hoping that he will like it as much as I do. I’m a dork, I know.
It amuses me that most of my list for the “I’m weird” portion had to do with food. I was hungry when typing up this post so I guess that influenced what I was writing just a tiny bit. :p